Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Welcome November

Several weeks in...

World's slowest stitcher award goes to me. Maybe I just lost my enthusiasm for these little designs somewhere along the way. And I know - a little out of season now that we are in November. 🙂

I chose four of the five designs from Plum Street Sampler's Stranded Jacks.


I've seen quite a few people stitching Friends of the Hart also by Plum Street Samplers. Fall colors are some of my favorites, and I think this piece has some of those lovely, vibrant colors in it. And of course, that cute squirrel and fox.


I'm trying to decide between 36ct PTP Sand or 36ct PTP Wren. You really can't see much difference in the two linens in this picture, but I'm leaning toward Sand.

I came across this frame while out with my daughter and would love to find something to stitch that would fit it. I think it is a pretty frame, but I would probably (maybe) change the color.


✹✹✹✹✹✹✹✹

Stepping back in time a few weeks I celebrated another birthday. This one wasn't a difficult one because for some reason I thought I was fifty-seven all year - so you know, I was kind of used to it. 🙂

The birthday plate held a slice of delicious cheesecake, and my husband knows I expect a sunflower - no matter the occasion - my favorite flower. ❤️


The day we celebrated was a beautiful, warm day - to start. We drove to dinner in a raging thunderstorm, and the next day it was winter.

And now there is snow in our forecast this week - approximately a month earlier than we usually see it. I'm not ready for it.

Finally, thank you, those of you who read and comment and to those of you who just read. It's nice to have you stop by. And for those who have inquired about my hearing - thank you! Nothing new to report on it and there are just too many other things going on right now to pursue it any further.

Take care, and I hope to see you soon.

12 comments:

Mary said...

Best belated Birthday Wishes!! LOVE the new header photo. and the colors for your new fall sampler. It sure seems like Halloween was months ago - and yikes! Thanksgiving is next week. Time is just a jumble right now, I guess. Happy mid-November!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Halloween stitch looks very nice. I look forward to seeing your progress on the deer piece from PSS. Great frame you picked up! Happy belated birthday wishes to you! Your sunflower is gorgeous.

Vickie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Birthday Penny!❤️ Friends of the Hart is a fabulous new project!

Barb said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Both cake and flowers look great. I just love those Stranded Jack designs. I may have to put that one on my to do list!

diamondc said...

Penny: I love the frame, the color is beautiful.
Happy Belated Birthday, I hope you had a good dinner.
The new samplers is lovely, I have not seen this one before.
I love daisy's and sunflowers.
I think stitching any holiday any time of the year is the right time to stitch.
Your header photo is beautiful.

Catherine

Astrids dragon said...

Still looks like fall to me, I like it!
From what I can see, I think sand would look better.
What a great frame, so many possibilities!
Happy Belated Birthday, cheesecake and flowers are a wonderful way to celebrate.

Julie said...

Beautiful header pic when your blog opened, that is breathtaking.
Belated Happy Birthday wishes to you... the cheesecake sounds nice and I love the sunflower, they always make me think sunshine and happy times.
Nice little finish and pretty new chart. I'll look forward to watching that grow.
{{hugs]] x

RJ said...

Happy Birthday Penny. Hope your day was very special. I love both color linens you have chosen...you can't lose. And the stitch is darling and will be so cute. The frame is so pretty...fingers crossed that you find the perfect stitch for it. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Jackie's Stitches said...

Happy belated birthday!

Winter is late arriving here. Our AC is on! LOVE your header photo! We don't see anything remotely close to that here in Florida.

Margaret said...

Happy belated birthday! I turned 57 in July -- we're the same age! :D Love your finish, and I like your next project too.

Carol said...

Somehow I missed this post, Penny! Gosh--I am really falling down!

I had to laugh about you thinking you were already 57 as I did the same thing when I was 62-kept telling people I was 63 all year and then when my birthday came around in January, I realized I'd been wrong all year :) Hard to believe I'll be 64 in six weeks :(

Your little PSS Halloween piece is darling--I like how you arranged it in a square. I've seen the Friends of the Hart on IG a lot--that little fox is just the cutest, isn't he?

Lovely frame whether you end up painting it or not. You can always use a bit of fabric to make the stitching fit better as I did in my last post :)

Anyway--have a wonderful year ahead--hope it is filled with sunflowers!

Rachel said...

Happy belated birthday! I think I could give you a run for your money for slowest stitcher:). Good luck with Friends of the Hart, I hope to add this one to my stash someday. It's gorgeous!