Tuesday, September 11, 2018

B Is For Books / Bingo and Blackbird Designs

It was an excellent summer for reading. And not difficult to complete my bingo card - it was fun to play along just to play along - thank you, Mary. 🙂


Five Stars
Only Child
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
The Light of the World
The Bean Trees
Plainsong
The Sun Does Shine
Shutter Island
A Prayer for Owen Meany

Four Stars
The Woman in the Window
The Cruelest Month
Atonement
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
The Color of Bee Larkham's Murder
Black Water Rising
Station Eleven
Rosemary Remembered
The Night Circus
Good Omens
Kindred

Three Stars
Gray Mountain
Autumn
Iron House
The Essex Serpent

Only a couple of two-star books - pretty good.

❇︎❇︎❇︎❇︎❇︎❇︎❇︎❇︎❇︎❇︎❇︎❇︎❇︎❇︎❇︎❇︎❇︎❇︎❇︎

From Shall I Compare Thee To A Summer's Day - Darling Buds Of May by Blackbird Designs.


I want to thank everyone who visits my blog - whether you read and comment or as the majority of you do - just read - you are all very much appreciated!!! And welcome to my new followers!

15 comments:

ALICE MARGAUX said...

Beautiful stitching and a lovely blog.

Barb said...

You had a very successful reading summer! I love the BBD design. The colors are beautiful!

Mary A said...

Your cross stitch is beautiful! Some interesting books listed too!

Brigitte said...

The Book Bingo was very successful for you, wasn't it. I love this kind of book challenges, too.
Great stitching, Penny. I love that BBD design very much.

Mary said...

Great books, Penny! A Prayer for Owen Meany is one of my all-time favorites. I'm glad you enjoyed it, too! and what beautiful stitching. wow!!

Robin in Virginia said...

What a pretty BBD piece you have stitched! How will you finish it?

Vickie said...

I read The Boy in the Striped Pajamas too and I think it was awesome!
I have now ordered A Prayer for Owen Meany from my library. Thank you!
Oh what a pretty, pretty finish.

Julie said...

That's a good selection of books you were able to read...well done on completing the book bingo.
Nice stitching project, very pretty.

Penny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Preeti said...

Beautiful stitching! :) You read lot of books! I have fallen behind in reading this year.

Margaret said...

Oh that stitching is soooo pretty!!!! Love it! And the books -- I've read some of those! Sadly my reading seems to have slowed down this year. Been having trouble settling into books lately.

Carol said...

Wow! your really read a lot of books, Penny! I am SUCH a slow reader I'm embarrassed to say how few I read this summer. I usually have one book I'm reading and one I'm listening to going at the same time, but it seems to take me forever to finish these days...

Your stitching is stunning--there is just something so wonderful about how all of those colors complement each other so well, isn't there.

Hope you are having a good weekend--it's gorgeous here :)

diamondc said...

Oh my gosh the Blackbird Design is beautiful.
I am an avid reader, I just read Sandra Browns Play Dirty, perhaps her best novel yet.

Catherine

RJ said...

Peggy what a beautiful stitch. I too love Blackbird Designs. I'm new to your blog but found you on Vickie's blog. I will enjoy visiting previous posts tonight and I know I will enjoy them. If you would like, my stitching friend Mary and I would love for you to come and visit us at stitchingfriendsforever. Have a great week. RJ

RJ said...

Penny I'm so sorry...I have no idea why I wrote Peggy. RJ