Friday, June 29, 2018

Knitting / Reading

First, thank you, Jo, for sharing the fix for receiving comments! Yay! I felt a little discombobulated, especially when receiving comments on older posts.

What can I say about this bit of knitting?


It's bigger than it looks.

It's gotten me over most of my fears about knitting (just about all of the things I fear most that can happen while knitting - including having your cat take off with your yarn somehow caught around his leg - have happened and I managed to figure them out).

It broke my frustration meter (that third lace panel - what happened?! Mind you it is the same lace panel I knit twice before with no problems. I had to take out a few rows - very tedious - and not fun at all!!) Everything is fixed now, thankfully!

I've come a long way. Once upon a time, I would have ripped the whole thing out and moved on. There was no way I was going to do that! I took this with me on my trip with my daughter, and there are a lot of good memories knit up in it. And a lot of time invested in it.

Shouldn't take much longer, although I've thought that before. Because I want to start this.  I wish you could reach through the screen and feel the yarn (if that's your thing).  🙂


I've been making myself wait. Why??!!

Just need to make sure Bernie has gone nighty-night first because he is fascinated by the yarn swift.

Reading has been slow.

This wasn't quite the haunting tale I had hoped for. Still not a bad story. It filled the "That you want to read because of the cover" box for book bingo.



But this was just what I hoped it would be. Lots of laughs. I wonder about the minds of Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. 🙂 And it filled the "With more than one author listed on the cover" box.


I'm looking forward to getting away to the beach (or since we go to Ocean City, NJ, I suppose I should say the shore) this weekend. I'm feeling in need of a long walk with the sound of the seagulls and crashing waves for company. Hope you all have something fun/relaxing planned for the weekend!

7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a beautiful shawl you are creating! Enjoy your time at the shore this weekend, Penny!

Vickie said...

I agree with Robin. So pretty! Have a great time Penny.

Mary said...

Your shawl looks amazing! and yay for summer reading (and a a weekend at the shore)!!

Margaret said...

Good for you on the shawl! Tinking back on lace still scares me. I don't like lace, unless it's so simple that I can't mess up. lol! Love Myak. Would love to get more of that stuff! And the book -- Essex Serpent. I actually loved that book. Got an advanced copy through Goodreads and just loved it. Hope you enjoy the shore!

Carol said...

I hope your trip to the shore was relaxing and you came back refreshed with renewed energy, Penny! I must say that shawl is stunning--what a perfect combination of colors :)

My reading this summer has suffered greatly--just finished "We Were the Lucky Ones"--a novelized adaptation of a Jewish family in Poland in WWII. Very gripping--could hardly put it down :)

Enjoy this cooler (thank goodness!!) weather...

Karoline said...

Your shawl is looking gorgeous and I like the look of your next project.

I have the Essex Serpent in my TBR pile, Good Omens is probably due a reread as it's over 20 years since I read it

Brigitte said...

Your knitting looks absolutely gorgeous and perfect. What a great shawl this will be.
My reading has also suffered during this summer. I usually read more during the summer but this year it isn't happening. But well, there is still autumn ...