Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Time Away And A Reveal...Sort Of

It was such a refreshing time away - a little longer than expected, but just what I needed.

First was our stay in Wilmington, North Carolina.

I loved being ten minutes from the ocean!

And only a few minutes away from the downtown area where it was hard to choose from all of the wonderful restaurants.

(funny thing - I came back seven pounds lighter than when I left - I think it was all of the walking we did).

The weather was absolutely perfect - I couldn't have asked for better.


L-R Cape Fear River, Wrightsville Beach (2), North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher (2), Greenfield Lake (3), Drinks our first night in Wilmington

The reveal, of course, sort of, is the picture of my daughter and me.

Yay, us, !!! we survived a very windy paddle boat ride on Greenfield Lake. I think the impetus we needed to keep paddling was all of the alligators we saw in the lake.

My behind paid the price for several days after - that seat was hard!

Part two was our stay in Myrtle Beach. Except for a stormy, very windy Monday, the weather again was just beautiful.

We stayed in a lovely condominium on the ocean and had the sound of the crashing waves with us twenty-four hours a day (those waves were especially spectacular on that stormy Monday). That is a sound I don't think I could ever get tired of.





It has been difficult to adjust to being back, but I think I'm slowly settling back into my normal routines.

I've discovered that I missed responding to several comments from my last post and I apologize - things got crazy right before I left for my trip.

I tuned out of all social media while I was away and was slow to tune back in when I returned home. I'm slowly trying to catch up with everyone and think I may just about be caught up - I missed you all. 🙂

11 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

It sounded like you and your daughter had a wonderful trip. I enjoyed seeing your adventures through your camera's lens. Hmmm, paddle boating with alligators sounds interesting.

Vickie said...

Oh these pictures are so pretty Penny. And you LOST SEVEN POUNDS!!! Woo hoo! I don't think I could do the paddle boat with the alligators!

Mary said...

Welcome Back! Your photos are stunning ... and I'm sure the memories you made with your daughter will last (well, except for the alligators - I hope you've forgotten them already!).

Barb said...

What a wonderful trip. I loved all the pictures and seeing you with your daughter was fun. I can't believe you lost 7 pounds!! I need to go on that kind of trip!

Carol said...

Loved your vacation report, Penny--it all sounds wonderful and oh, so relaxing! A picture of you! But, you and your daughter look like sisters to me--hard to tell which of you is the mother in this photo :) Wow! 7 pounds is a lot--I do love active vacations. I am not a "sit on the beach" type of person :) It was really nice that you could just hang out with your daughter and have some girl time, too.

Hope you readjust to the "real world" quickly! Enjoy your weekend...

Margaret said...

Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time. So glad! Love the pic of you and your daughter!

Preeti said...

Glad to know you had a nice vacation with your daughter:) I can understand slowly getting back to routine because I also recently came back from a family vacation. I did lot of walking too, but there isn't any change in weight for me:D

Karoline said...

Glad you had a lovely holiday, the pictures are gorgeous

Julie said...

Welcome back .....stunning pictures of the ocean and the waves, I do find it so therapeutic to listen to the movement of waves (in fact I have a CD to listen to of just that sound when things get a bit out of sorts).
A lovely picture of you and your daughter- nice to see you.
love and blessings xx

Brigitte said...

From what I see this must have been a wonderful trip for you and your daughter, very relaxing. Being away from the social media for a while is certainly a good thing. And when you are in such a great place surrounded by the most gorgeous scenery you don' t miss any kind of social media :))

Astrids dragon said...

It looks like you both had a fabulous time, such beautiful pictures! It's been a while since we've been there, this makes me want to go back.