Thursday, January 18, 2018

Color

First, I want to thank everyone (no-reply bloggers -- Cindy, Tracy H, and Pauline) for all of the kind words and thoughts on my last post. I still feel a little uncomfortable that I shared what I did, but I can't tell you all how much it means that you took time to respond. You have all been so kind! Some of you have been through the same things, and my heart breaks for you. Thankfully, you also spoke about being in a better place now. We are slowly getting into a better place, and I'm going to enjoy every moment of it.

My son's sense of humor seems to be returning. He asked me the other day if any packages had arrived and I told him just a couple of books I ordered.



He said Little Fires Everywhere -- that sounds like your life right now. It gave us a good laugh which is always a welcome thing -- right?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now, onto color.

I pretty much love all colors (except cat vomit brown). I'm working on a couple of blankets and the colors I've been using make me happy, they cheer me and make me feel warm.

The first one is a v-stitch blanket from HanJan Crochet. Just random colors from yarn I've had forever. By the way, yarn and wicker don't necessarily get along.


The second blanket I'm working on is from Lucy at Attic 24. She is having a CAL for the Woodland Blanket. I must be back to jumping on bandwagons.



This tiny little bit is part one finished. Again, these colors make me happy.

I hope you all are finding things that cheer you and make you warm -- because these temperatures -- wow! Until next time, take care!

14 comments:

marly said...

Sounds like things are going in the right direction. Excellent! I'm not a color person, but can see how they would brighten a mood.

Mary said...

Little Fires Everywhere is one of our bookclub picks ... I'm looking forward to it - and hope you enjoy it too (and don't find it too much like real life?!) I have a v-stitch afghan in progress, too! technically it's deep in hibernation from a few summers ago, but I think about it. and seeing all this color makes me think this just might be the year I finish mine. Hugs!!

Barb said...

I have seen that book mentioned a lot. It will be interesting to see what you think about it. Love all the wonderful colors of your blankets!!

Cindy's Stitching said...

Love the blanket colors. Things will get better. 🌻🌻🌻

Vickie said...

I am praying for you Penny.
I love that second blanket especially!

Preeti said...

Your blankets are so pretty and colorful ! Colors do help uplifting the mood. I have seen the book on goodreads but did not look into it.

Robin in Virginia said...

What bright and cheerful yarns you are using for your blankets! Thank you for the chuckle about yarn and wicker not getting along. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers, Penny.

Julie said...

Warms my heart to read you and your son are walking the healing pathway.
Nice bright crochet you've been working on, crafting is so therapeutic for the soul.
Much love x

Margaret said...

I love your crochet projects. So pretty! Yes, you will get to a better place. We definitely are, thank goodness. Good to hear your son cracked a joke. (Love John Boyne! Heart's Invisible Furies is so good!)

Carol said...

These are just the perfect colors for stitching through this dreary January, Penny! They make me happy just looking at them :)

It is so good to hear that things are looking up! A joke is definitely a good sign! Hope each day is just a bit easier than the last for him--and you!

Brigitte said...

I can easily understand you, colours can cheer me up as well. And the two projects you are busy with are just perfect for colours.
So great to read that things are getting better for you.

Sally said...

Beautiful colours in both your projects.

diamondc said...

Penny: Both pieces are beautiful, I have never heard the term cat puke before, you gave me a good giggle, thank-you I needed that.
I hope you are having a great weekend.
I love to read.

Blessings
Catherine

Meari said...

How can one not be cheered up by all that color? Love it!