Monday, January 29, 2018

Adventures At Home Depot

About a week ago, right before the latest fictional (thankfully), predicted bad weather event, I realized I was running low on bird feed and kitten food for Bernie.

So, first, off I go to Home Depot. I am relatively strong from lifting feed for the horses but still usually engage in a wrestling match to load the bags of seed in the cart. If there are cameras in the outside area, I'm sure someone was thoroughly amused.

 While checking out, a young man (thank goodness for commas) who works there said he would load my purchases in my car. I told him thank you, but I would be alright -- I was really thinking where were you when I was wrestling these things into my cart. But, he insisted so out we went.

As we were approaching my car, I hear horns blowing and wonder what is going on. Well, what was going on was someone desperately needed something from Home Depot and wasn't going to let a little thing like two people and a cart get in their way.

The truck clipped the young man helping me first and then of course me. So, down we both go, people, jumping out of cars to see if we are alright. Thankfully, other than being a little stunned (and would later discover I was quite bruised and stiff in parts I didn't know I had) we were otherwise okay.

No good deed. 🙄 Anyway, next stop the pet store. Upon checking out, a lady much older than me said she would carry my things to my car. I'm thinking wow! I must look pretty bad today.

Anyway, I enjoy feeding the birds and quite a few squirrels.

Squirrels are very welcome at my house -- no squirrel thwarting devices here!

And while I don't get cardinals in the numbers Cindy does, I do get quite a few. I have no pictures of the real thing but I recently finished -- Little Red Bird by The Little Stitcher.


And here is Bernie, totally unaware that I risked life and limb to ensure his belly remains full so that he has the energy to do naughty kitten things like try to climb the curtains.


I might add that this wasn't my first adventure at Home Depot -- but it will most assuredly be my last because I won't be shopping there anymore.

Back in the summer I was there looking at flowers when I found myself in the middle of a shoplifting event. Aside from the broken flowers I was shoved into, there were no other injuries -- just stunned that people really do those types of things.

I would like to take a minute and thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for all of your kind thoughts and prayers. Things have leveled off a bit for now, and we are all just taking one day at a time -- trying to live in the present moment.

Until next time, may you all have only good adventures!
Take care ~

19 comments:

diamondc said...

Penny: Oh my what a terrible thing to happen, I hope the driver was cited and ticketed,
Your Cardinal is beautiful, we have cardinals only because there are pine trees on the golf course in out back yard, they nest almost always in pine trees here.
Please get better.
Blessings.
Catherine

Robin in Virginia said...

Oh my! I hope you have fully healed from your Home Depot trip. I hope the truck driver was ticketed. Bernie is a cutie. Your cardinal finish is beautiful. Enjoy your week!

marly said...

There is more disrespect these days than courtesy, and no excuse at all for someone for harm others. He probably did not even stop to see if you were OK. Those kinds of hotheads can get really violent and abusive if confronted, we can only hope karma visits them.

Sarah Beth’s Stitching said...

Love this cardinal it’s absolutely beautiful.

Barb said...

My DH loves to go to Home Depot by himself. I rarely go with . Now I will be extra cautious!! What a pretty stitched cardinal. I loved seeing them in all the other places we have lived. They did not make it over all the mountains between there and WA state, sadly we have none out here.

Mary said...

I'm so sorry you had those bad experiences. Hope your body and your spirit are healing! The cardinal is beautiful - I'm always on the lookout for them (in real life ;-) I like to think they're messengers from loved ones.

Vickie said...

Goodness Penny. Your adventures lately. Whatever next?! I am sorry you were hurt my friend. Your cardinal is perfect.

butterfly said...

Oh my you were so lucky , it could have been worse .
People seem to rush all the time today and cannot wait .
Hope you are ok now.
Love your Christmas stitch.

Julie said...

Oh Penny, what a shopping trip that was, poor you. I hope you are not too sore.
Bernie is adorable and of course oblivious to your adventures, I could just imagine that cute little face sniggering at your mishap.
Sweet stitchy finsh.
Love and (hugs) X

Carol said...

Oh, my goodness, Penny! I think we are going to have to lock you in your home and not let you out--between the burning coffee at Starbucks and now this Home Depot episode you are lucky to be alive! I'm so sorry this happened to you. I'm sure Bernie is most appreciative of your sacrifices :)

Love the cardinal--someone made that for me for a gift two years ago and I just think it is so beautiful.

Oh, and your comment about commas--too funny!! Yes, they DO make a huge difference :)

Cindy's Stitching said...

People are crazy these days. I am glad you weren't hurt bad. Makes you wonder. The cardinal is really pretty. Stay safe and warm.🌻

Unknown said...

Penny, I want you to know that I copied a photo from your blog. I’m hoping you won’t mind. I realized after I did it that I should have asked your permission. It’s a photo ( from a couple of years ago) of Brenda Gervais’ chart, Flag Day At the Potting Shed. I’m looking for the chart and I posted in search of the chart on two Facebook groups. Please let me know if you don’t want me to use the photo and I’ll take down the posts. Thank you.

Preeti said...

Sorry about your hurt. You have to be cautious about further adventures, I guess stitching is more suitable and safer:) Your Cardinal stitching is beautiful ! I would love to see birds and squirrels around your bird feeders.

Meari said...

Little Red Bird turned out so nice. I cannot believe what happened at Home Depot. WOW!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I newer realized Home Depot was so dangerous! It seems like we've lost more than kindness these days. I hope you're feeling better soon. Getting hit by a car is unthinkable.

Margaret said...

Oh my goodness! I hope you are feeling better. That's so scary! And the shoplifting incident too? I don't blame you if you never go to Home Depot again. Yikes! Take it easy.

Astrids dragon said...

Oh my, who knew HD could be such a dangerous place?! I don't blame you for not wanting to go back.
Lovely little cardinal, a sweet stitch. I need to refill our feeders, we normally see them here from time to time.

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Penny. This would also be my last visit at that shop, definitely. Good to know that you weren't injured more.
Great little red bird. I love cardinals although I have never seen a real one so far.
Taking one day at a time is a good thing to do. I hope things will get better steadily.

Karoline said...

Good Grief, I don't blame you for not wanting to go back!

Your cardinal is very cute (as is Bernie).

I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, hope things continue to be steady.