Tuesday, February 21, 2017

February Happenings / dies Valentini Interrupit

February is a short month, and it seems most of it has been taken up by illness. My husband came down with something that wasn't the flu and was different from a cold so a mystery. It's still hanging on although he has gone back to work. I've been having some episodes of low blood sugar some quite scary. As in not being able to coordinate my movements. So a doctor's appointment is in my future. 

It doesn't feel like I've accomplished very much since my last post. Multiple trips up and down the stairs nursing the baby husband, walking around in a fog of Lysol fumes and the normal daily responsibilities -- well I sat down in the evenings to work on something and found myself waking hours later without having taken one stitch. 

I managed to clear the cobwebs and prop my eyes open here and there and finally finished Love & Be Loved by With Thy Needle & Thread. Looking at all of Brenda's market releases -- oh my goodness! 😜


And another tiny finish Hope part of the Little Sheep Virtue series by Little House Needleworks. I'm planning on stitching them together around a centerpiece. So in trying to center things and work things out, I've started parts of some of the other designs. 


Sheep seem to be a theme. I thought these were cute and I love the little houses, too. 


Valentine's Day is not a big event in our house. And even though I don't like the big mess that comes with baking nor the adventures (like things catching on fire etc.), in honor of Valentines Day and my husband's birthday, I thought I would give this recipe a try. I believe it was the allure of the jimmies. And they were pretty good! But 24 of them for three people? 😳


If you are interested in the recipe and maybe a few extra pounds...


We've been enjoying some unusually warm weather and oh, that gorgeous sunshine -- perfect for walking off any extra pounds. I think there might be a payback in the future (we've had some of our biggest snowfalls in March), but it's hard to think about that right now. 


Hopefully, the weather has been just as beautiful in your neck of the woods! Thanks for reading along and until next time take care!


14 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh Penny, get yourself to the doctor please!!
Your Valentine finish is so sweet.♥
Yes, we have had a week of mild weather. So nice, but bizarre.

ALICE MARGAUX said...

Congrats on your finish, it looks so lovely. I wish you a speedy recovery. Sunny Greetings from New Orleans. Alice.

My blog Orangery Stitchery does not exist anymore. My new blog is https://alicemargaux.blogspot.com

Preeti said...

Sorry about the health issues at your home, hope you both feel better soon.
Your cross stitch finishes are beautiful !

Barb said...

For someone who has been ill, you do have some wonderful finishes. I hope you are both much better soon.

Brigitte said...

Not so good to read about your husband's and your illness. I hope your husband is already on the mend and I wish you good luck at the doctor's.
But good that you managed to bake some goodies for your husband's birthday :) I'm sure he was delighted with these sweet treats.
Two lovely pieces that you finished. YEs, when I look through all the new charts coming out I also realize that there are always lots of very nice sheep pieces, already in the past. I sometimes am tempted, too, but so far I resisted.

Mary said...

Yes, Please get yourself checked out soon! All those TINY stitches ... coming together so perfectly. The Hope Sheep is my favorite - what a wonderful centerpiece that will be. Best feel better wishes!

Julie said...

Sweet finish Penny. Love the new sheep designs, they are cute. There seems to be so much illness about this year, I hope you are both soon feeling much better (we are the same here with it hanging on with one thing or another).
Nice to see your blue sky picture, we've got a storm coming in today with high winds, a day to stay inside and perhaps add a stitch or two ... or maybe i'll waste a day on the computer lol.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Lovely stitching! Your Hope sheep looks great - I've been working on the Little Sheep Virtues for a while now, and I love them :D

Margaret said...

I hope you and your husband are feeling better now. Not fun being sick or in ill health. Love your WTNT finish! So so cute! Love the LHN piece too!

Carol said...

I'm sorry to read that you've had such health problems this month, Penny! I do think it is harder to shake things as we get older. I'm noticing just how slowly I seem to be going things these days--just getting old, I guess! Anyway, I hope that warm weather returns and dries up those old germs.

Such a beautiful WTN finish--I don't think I've seen it stitched up before. And I love the Hope sheep--that will be quite a finish to have them all on one piece of fabric :)

I love to bake, but rarely do so exactly for the reasons you mentioned. There are only two of us and we don't need all the calories. I do still make cookies and freeze them and then we treat ourselves to one a piece after dinner.

Take care now, Penny--hope March is good to you!

Rachel said...

I hope both you and your husband are feeling much better! I love this pattern and your stitches are lovely.

Karoline said...

I hope you have all recovered now. Your finishes are gorgeous and I love the new charts

Sally said...

I hope both you and your husband are feeling much better now and that your doctors appointment went OK.

Gorgeous finishes and lovely new stash. I have those charts too :)

Lumiruusu said...

Thank You penny for visting my little blog ! You have done
many lovely projects I like them all very much !