Wednesday, June 1, 2016

BOTNS Book Bingo 2016

I'm excited to be playing along this year! It's a good way to broaden my reading experience and read books I might not otherwise read - example - science fiction. It's also fun to know others are participating. After seeing other people's cards, I was a little nervous at what I might get. Here is my card - and overall I'm pretty happy with it.
Here are my choices for each block:
  1. Can You Keep a Secret Sophie Kinsella
  2. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society Annie Barrows
  3. The Woodcutter Reginald Hill
  4. The Plague Albert Camus
  5. Life of Pi Yann Martel
  6. Better Than Before Gretchen Rubin
  7. Mary Reilly Valerie Martin
  8. The Devil In The White City Erik Larson
  9. Fortune Smiles Adam Johnson
  10. The Book Thief Markus Zusak
  11. Life After Life Kate Atkinson
  12. Centennial James Michener
  13. ?
  14. American Gods Neil Gaiman
  15. The Pale Horse Agatha Christie
  16. The Da Vinci Code Dan Brown
  17. A Tale for the Time Being Ruth Ozeki
  18. The Opposite of Everyone Joshilyn Jackson
  19. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie Alan Bradley
  20. The House of Mirth Edith Wharton
  21. Racing in the Rain: My Life as a Dog Garth Stein
  22. The Time Traveler's Wife Audrey Niffenegger
  23. Death in a White Tie Ngaio Marsh
  24. Insomnia Stephen King
  25. Goodnight, and Thanks for the Vodka Harpie, Karl Wiggins
Some of these are pretty lengthy, but I'm going to give it a good try and read all of them. I know most of you probably aren't interested in my summer reading plans, but this is a good place to keep my list. No danger of misplacing it. : ) 

If by some chance you are interested in trying for your own bingo you can find out more here. I was sad to hear their announcement on the future of Books on the Nightstand, but fortunately, I haven't even come close to listening to all of their podcasts. Thank you, Mary, for introducing me to this fun challenge! Hope you have some good reading included in your summer plans!

10 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Looks like a fun challenge and a great selection of summer reading, Penny. Have fun!

Mary said...

woohoo! you've got a great summer of reading ahead of you...and that's what this "challenge" is all about. I find it's a great way, too, to figure out what to read from my own shelves...and make better use of the library. *cheering you on*

Maggie said...

That looks like a great challenge, i haven't come across it before.
I'm going to follow your link and find out more :-)

Vickie said...

Wow! Looks like you are going on quite a LOT of adventures soon! Have fun with this Penny.

Preeti said...

That's a fun challenge! I will check the link if I can also try.

Brigitte said...

Very interesting to see your book choices. I'M looking forward to seeing what you thought about these books on Goodreads.

Carol said...

We do Bookshelf Bingo at our library for our Adult Summer Reading Club each year, Penny, but every participant has the same categories. My husband was a bit put out that there was so much fiction this year as he reads only nonfiction. I only get maybe 5 or 6 books read (I am an extremely slow reader!), but it is such fun to try to match the different categories.

Good luck to you!

Margaret said...

Looks like fun! I can't do organized reading, but I enjoy seeing others do it. lol! Good luck with your reading list!

Julie said...

Sounds like a fun challenge.
I've read the Guernsey Literary Potato Peel Pie - loved it!
Happy reading and I'm off to check out the link, thanks xx

Eloise Pearce said...

I don't know why, but I am interested in these books - "Racing in the Rain: My Life as a Dog" by Garth Stein and "Goodnight, and Thanks for the Vodka" by Harpie, Karl Wiggins. I want to know more about the authors