Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Plans???

Strange happenings this morning. I'm not sure I'm ready for December, but when I came down this morning November's calendar page was laying in the floor. There was December looking right at me. Anyway, our plans for Thanksgiving fell through. My poor husband came down with a nasty cold, so we ended up staying home. We still enjoyed our dinner...just a few days late. The only problem, and it was a pretty good problem as problems go, we ended up having to eat a couple of pies that we intended to take to the other dinners. So, maybe there were a couple of extra pounds added on.

I'm still clinging to November and wanted to post this finish from a few weeks ago. Our sun has disappeared and it is very dreary here. It is impossible to get an accurate picture and I know this because I'm not even going to tell you how long I tried. Some of the thread colors didn't really stand out very well on the fabric and maybe I should have changed them.

Grateful, Thankful, & Blessed by With thy Needle and Thread


I have a few things I want to stitch that are Christmas related, but it has felt so chilly in the house that I'm torn between stitching and doing something involving yarn. I'm hoping to take these lovely items and turn them into something nice, but when using dpns I could just end up with a mess. The colors in this yarn are beautiful, so if plan A doesn't work there will definitely be a plan B!


I love the convenience of downloading books to my iPad, but nothing feels quite as good as making an actual trip to the book store (even though I detest the mall). And since I'm afraid book stores are going to vanish altogether, I need to make frequent trips. These are a few that I've added to my towering pile by the bed.


Although the list of books I want to read is unbelievably long, as in would take many lifetimes to read them all, I'm always looking for suggestions. I'm not sure how many of you are on Goodreads, but I would love to be friends. 

Finally, this is a poem I came across on a blog that I read everyday. I think it's beautiful.


I appreciate all who stop by to read my blog! And I'm happy to be visiting my favorite blogs once again! Hope you are finding lots of stitching time, or time for whatever makes you happy.

Take care ~

16 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh what a pretty, pretty Thankful finish! Love it.
That yarn is just gorgeous.

Mary Ann said...

Grateful, Thankful, & Blessed is a beautiful finish, and the yarn is a very lovely color!! I am looking forward to seeing your finish with the yarn.

Barb said...

What a beautiful finish! I have admired that chart for awhile. Maybe I need to add it to the growing stash! I loved the poem, just beautiful. Your Thanksgiving sounded like our Christmas last year, we both had horrible colds and had to change plans, but alas no pies had been made!

Julie said...

Delightful stitching finish. A lovely poem, thanks for sharing that. Happy reading and I love the yarn you are going to be working with. Hope your hubby is recovered, there are a lot of nasty germs about.

Mary said...

what a lovely roundup. your stitching is beautiful, but I can see why short, dark days would make it challenging. I find myself leaning toward easy, meditative knits right now... projects I can work on without having much light. can't wait to see which of those books you read next - The Road is a little dark for me, I enjoyed Water for Elephants...and I haven't heard of the others.

Annie said...

That's a gorgeous finish! And I love the purple yarn.

Sorry Thanksgiving didn't go as expected, but at least you got extra pie! There's always a silver lining somewhere.

Just friended you on Goodreads. Water for Elephants is the only one I've read from your new pile, and I loved it.

Annette-California said...

Gorgeous finish! WOW! I love the colors and you did a great job with taking the photos. I know its so challenging. I love to read but I go the library - ours is great, they have a system that we can order online and books that they don't have come in from other libraries in our county. Really Cool! Beautiful color of yarn. Can't wait to see what you make. love Annette

Mary said...

just a test to see if I can figure out the "no comment" thing - and I think I did. Thank you for pointing that out to me. (I think I need to update the settings on my own blog to not allow anonymous comments... wish me luck!)

Brigitte said...

Wow what a gorgeous stitching finish you have here. But sorry to read that you weren't able to go for your Thanksgiving plans. Hopefully your husband is feeling much better by now.

I have never read an ebook, I still prefer to hold a real book in my hands. I'm in the same situation as you are - There are so many books on my shelves that I could open my own book store, lol. And nevertheless I keep buying new books when they really tempt me. But I know that the old books will never be read when I always buy new ones, lol.

Margaret said...

Sorry to hear your DH was sick for Thanksgiving with a cold. Extra pie is never a bad thing though. :D Beautiful stitching! Hope the knitting comes out well. I do ok with DPNs, but sometimes they mess me up.

Carol said...

I really love your new finish, Penny, and I know just what you mean about the sun disappearing! We finally have a sunny day, but it's been a bleak week. Still no snow, though, so I'm really not complaining :)

I've read The Road which was amazing and Water For Elephants. I am a huge e-book reader, though (even though I'm a librarian!) and can't sleep at night unless I've read a chapter or two on my Kindle.

The poem is wonderful and so true--being out in nature has a way of helping you forget the world's troubles. When we were hiking in Patagonia on our Argentina trip last week, I lost all sense any problems that were going on in the world. It was so refreshing... Unfortunately, as soon as I hit the airport to go home everything came rushing back.

Enjoy your weekend, Penny--so glad you are back to blogging!

Sally said...

I'm so sorry to hear your husband wasn't well for Thanksgiving.

Love your beautiful finish.

Oh I love going to the book shop! I went this morning while we were in our nearest city but they didn't have what I wanted so I came home empty handed. Maybe just as well!

That poem is truly beautiful.

Lumiruusu said...

Really beautifull finish -you did a great job !

Chris said...

Love this post! Beautiful finish, will you frame it?
Gorgeous warm yarn.
Hugs!

Karen said...

I have also struggled many times with trying to take pictures for my blog on a dreary day. All the same, it's easy to see that your project turned out beautifully!

Kaisievic said...

I love, love, love your Grateful and Blessed finish - it is perfect, just how it is! I am on Goodreads - so send me a friend request - Kaye De Petro - although I must admit that I use Shelfari to record most of my reading. I have read two of the books on your pile - The Road and Water for Elephants, both are great novels but oh so different! xoxox