Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Traveling Pattern

Hello everyone! Recently, I was the lucky recipient of Sarah's (Sarah in Stitches) traveling pattern, Land of Liberty by Bent Creek. This was my first time participating in a traveling pattern, and I was excited to be selected! I really enjoyed participating and look forward to seeing where this pattern will be going next.

To make the traveling pattern more fun, Sarah decided that the goodies passed along with the pattern should spell out the word FLAG. She included some fat quarters of fabric (F), little blue and red buttons (L), a sweet little Americana quilt (A), and a lovely gift, a magnet of the tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa in Dubai (G).

I love the design and I enjoyed stitching it. I'm afraid there is a big ol' boo boo in it and then another smaller one, and although it may bother some, at my age, I just embrace the boo boos. I have an idea of how I want to finish it, I'm just waiting for the husband's vacation to be over. :)

Now it is my turn to pass this pattern along. If you would like to participate, you should:

  1. Leave a comment on this post.
  2. Have an active blog, so that when you finish you can pass the pattern along.
  3. Choose a selection of items that spell out the word FLAG.

Here are the items that I will be passing along with the pattern. (F)at quarters, (L)inen, (A)ccoutrements, and a special (G)ift (which will be a surprise). I will select a winner on August 12th.

I really want to thank you again, Sarah, for the chance to participate, and for all of the lovely items you sent along!

14 comments:

Barb said...

Lots of wonderful little things. Your Sweet Land of Liberty is so pretty. I don't think I can get it stitched up right away so I had better pass on the chart.

Julie said...

Great finish and I love the FLAG items idea.
Please don't include me in the draw.

Kaisievic said...

oooh, please count me in the draw. Not sure what my FLAG items will be but I am sure I will have fun thinking of them if I am lucky enough to win!
hugs, Kaye

cucki said...

aww such a pretty finish my dear.. and such sweet goodies from sweet sarah :)
pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee count me in the traveling pattern..i so much wanted to stitch it..and now thinking about my flag items too ;)
thank you..
love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Denise said...

I would love to stitch this traveling pattern, Please count me in. And the FLAG idea is very good idea,
Happy Stitching
Denise

Annie said...

How sweet! Love your color choices. Sounds like a fun activity. I'd love to be in the drawing for the next stitcher.

Thanks!

Carol said...

Your finish turned out so cute, Penny--did you make a lot of color changes? I like yours so much better than the original!

I'm just too busy to join in on the traveling pattern this time. I know you'll make some stitcher very happy with all those goodies!

Sally said...

Super finish Penny. Love the colours.

Please don't include me in the drawing.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Wow, that was a fast stitch! You are so very welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed it and I hope whoever gets your wonderful package enjoys it too :D

Margaret said...

Beautiful finish! I don't need to be included in the drawing, but I had to comment!

Brigitte said...

Such a nice little finish. I love it. But, please, don't include me in the draw, I have too much on my plate right now.

Unknown said...

Really great finishing I love the patterns the stitch!

Karoline said...

Cute little finish, congratulations

Please don't include me in the draw, it's not a pattern I would stitch.

Angela said...

Lovely finish :)