Friday, August 26, 2011

Quick Post & Hurricane Preparation

I can't believe an earthquake and a hurricane in the same week. We have always been pretty lucky here in Delaware. Most of the bad weather usually misses us, so I guess we are overdue.

I haven't gotten much stitching done this week. My son started back to classes, and with the exception of one class, they are all morning classes. That is a tough adjustment for two night owls! I stitch a little, read a little, and nap a lot. I have done a little more on Mary Rayner and On Diligence, but not enough to show. Unfortunately, I have started two more things.

Beatrix Potter Quaker:


and The Raven by La-D-Da:


Also had a small finish:

Carolina by The Goode Huswife

I purchased the New Castle Sampler at Two Morrow's Stitches That Count in Old New Castle. I'm tempted to start it now. While I was in the store, I saw a piece that won 1st place in the Delaware State Fair. I was so in awe of it that I can't remember the name of the piece. It was done on 52ct silk gauze. I think there should have been a special prize for it!!

It seems a certainty that we will lose our electricity at some point, so I have a lot of things that I need to do today when I would rather be stitching. I also need to make sure my parents are ready for our little blow. They have outdoor animals to take care of, and they aren't quite ready to admit they have limitations at their age. I worry that my mother, who is prone to falling, will fall. Most of the time she is fine afterwards, but a couple of years ago while feeding the horses, she fell and broke her hip. I don't want any of us to go through that again.

I took this picture last week when we went to the beach. It looked kind of cute in person, but somehow the picture looks a litte creepy.


They looked like twins, and it seemed kind of sweet that they were walking together, leaning on each other.

Stay safe everyone who is in the path of this hurricane.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Love your Carolina finish. And that Delaware piece -- it's wonderful!

I'm pretty freaked out by the hurricane. Good luck to us all.

Chris said...

The Carolina finish is so sweet. Goode Huswife was one of my favorite designers.
I hope that you are all safe this weekend and the new school schedule works out.

Siobhán said...

Congratulations on your Carolina finish!! I love it -- another one that I must get stitching! Beautiful progress on your WIPs, too.

I loved the pic of your parents. I hope you survived the tropical storm/hurricane w/o any damage!

Karen said...

I love your Good Huswife finish, Penny! I have the same trouble with sometimes starting too many projects, it's hard not to do with so many temptations!